Friday, May 28, 2021

The Three Best Natural Sunburn Remedies

The first time I got sunburned really bad I was vacationing in Florida. I had spent about 9 straight hours in the pool, and I didn't even notice that I was burning. The water was cold and I was having so much fun that I didn't even notice that I was getting completely sunburned. It was terrible; I was sunburned so bad that I was blistering all over. I still had fun in Florida, but I used many natural sunburn treatments to help with sunburn relief. Here are the three best natural sunburn remedies that I know work.

Milk is an amazing help when you have sunburn. Milk has proteins and fat that help soothe the skin and aid in healing of sunburn. Remember you will need whole milk; your skin is not on a diet. For this remedy you will need a gallon of milk and a bath tub, but if you don't have a bath tub you can apply the milk with a cold compress. Use about half of a gallon to a full bath of water, and just soak in it. The milk will moisturize and nourish your sunburned skin, and it will provide instant relief. Bathing in milk once a day until your sunburn is gone will help it heal quickly.

Chamomile tea is another great home remedy that will provide relief for sunburns. Many sunburns peal, burn, and itch, and it is important to keep the skin hydrated during this time to help the sunburn heal quickly and without a lot of pealing and pain. Chamomile tea is great for this you can either put it in a mist bottle or spray yourself, or you can use a cold compress, but always make sure the tea is cold. I use about 6 teabags to about 5 cups of water. You may also add a teaspoon of tea tree oil to this tea to help aid in sunburn treatment. Tea tree oil is known for its healing properties of the skin.

My all time favorite sunburn treatment is aloe vera gel. I have found that aloe is the most affective treatment for sunburn, and it is also the most soothing. Aloe should be used directly from a plant because the potency of the gel wears off when preserved or mixed with other chemicals. All you will need for this treatment is some aloe leaves and knife. Cut the leaf down the center and open up the leaf so it is spread wide. Now simply rub the leaf over the affected area. The aloe will tingle a little and it may make your skin feel dry, but it will help tremendously.

Sunburn is no fun, and I hope this three natural sunburn treatments have helped you to ease your sunburn pain. If you use all of these treatments together I guarantee your sunburn will be gone quicker than you expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gishmas 2021 List

 Day 1 Challenge: December 20th – Image or Video What powers GISH? Love, actually. So, let’s spread some cheer. Using the GISH App or search...