Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Relationship Between Short Term and Long Term Goals and How to Accomplish Them

 


Life is boring without goals, and life goals provide us with hope and passion to work for something. It is important to have goals, and it is necessary to understand how to achieve these goals. In order to achieve your goals you must understand what a short term goal and a long term goal is, and you must be able to create a plan in order to achieve these goals. This article will help you understand these concepts, create a plan, and consider other factors that will influence your achievement of your goals.

Short term goals are the smaller steps that will help you achieve your long term goals. These goals are very important to one another because you can not achieve your long term goals without accomplishing short term goals, and short term goals are not very relevant if there is no long term goal to lead up to.

As you evaluate your goals you should consider if they are efficient in relationship to your dreams, means, and lifestyle. You should also consider whether or not these goals are realistic, and if there are other goals you will need to achieve before attempting these goals. You should also consider what may help or hinder your ability to achieve these goals, and you should create a solid plan in regard to all of these influences.

A short term goal in relationship to earning my degree is being able to double up on classes. In order to accomplish this goal I will need to do a few things, and here is my five-step plan. You can create a similar five step plan for accomplishing your short term goals by filling in the logical and necessary steps you must accomplish in order to fulfill your goal.

1. I will have to contact my counselor and I will have to find out the exact requirements I will need to fulfill in order to pick up an extra class.
2. I will have to contact my financial aid advisor to find out the exact cost of taking an extra class.
3. I must complete my first two courses and receive a high grade in order to be allowed to pick up an extra class.
4. I must set money aside every week in order to afford the tuition for an extra class because it is not covered by financial aid.
5. I will have to enroll in a new class, pay for the tuition, and I will have to set aside the extra time I will need to fulfill my obligations to this class.

It is important to understand what short term and long term goals are if you want to accomplish your goals, and it is also important to create a clear path and plan that will help you achieve these goals. When creating your plan remember to keep in mind the many factors that will help and hinder your, and think realistically and clearly about your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gishmas 2021 List

 Day 1 Challenge: December 20th – Image or Video What powers GISH? Love, actually. So, let’s spread some cheer. Using the GISH App or search...