Thursday, June 3, 2021

How to Conduct and Apply a Research Strategy for Organization

 

I am the type of person who doesn't like to throw anything away, and although this saves on my garbage bills and my carbon foot print; it definitely makes my home very unorganized. Organization can be stressful or complicated, but with good research strategies I can formulate a solution that will help me become more organized.

When researching how to become more organized I will need to find information that will be helpful to me, and articles and guides will definitely provide me with many ideas, pictures, and tips on how to organize myself more easily. Statistical information can also provide me with ideas on the efficiency of certain methods and tools of organization.

There are many places to find information that will help me become more organized; some good places to look for information on organization are "online catalog of databases, scholarly books, and journals" (Foster, 2007, pp.5). I also believe there are a lot of good articles written about organization in magazines.

In order to utilize credible information and fulfill my goals effectively I will need to evaluate my information. There are several things that should be thought about when evaluating information, and purpose, validity and the author should all be taken into consideration when evaluating information.

The purpose of information has a direct influence on the information. "Advertising, sales, advocacy, education, reference and entertainment" are all different purposes that should be taken into consideration when evaluating information (Foote & Goett, 2000, pp.9).

Validity should also always be checked when considering the validity of information, and facts should be researched and compared in order to check the validity of any information. If multiple reputable sources suggest the same information the likelihood of its validity is stronger.

It is also always important to research the author of any information; this will help you evaluate information because it will provide you with information on the author's background and knowledge in the topic you are researching. It will also provide you with information on the beliefs and values of the author which also affect the purpose and validity of information.

When formulating a solution to my organizational problem I will need to take some things into consideration. Space is something that I will have to consider when trying to become more organized because I will have to figure out how to use the space I have efficiently. I will also have to take my partner into consideration because we share a home, and he needs his space as well. Time is always an important consideration because if I create an elaborate system of organization I will probably not have enough time to keep up with it. Another important idea I will keep in mind when considering solutions is what works best for me in relation to my normal habits. For example if I keep my bill organized near my desk this will be helpful because I pay my bills at my desk.

In order to resolve my organizational problem I will use my information wisely. I will research thoroughly to find valid information. In relation to my problem I will research many ideas on methods and theories of organization. I will also employ guides and how-to articles with tips and ideas.

I will evaluate my research to make sure it is valid to my problem and my life. I will look for authors with purpose and backgrounds similar to mine so that their ideas and methods work better for me. For example I am an artist, and it would be helpful to find articles written by other artists because their methods of organization can relate to organizing artwork and supplies.

I will put the methods I have researched into practice, and I will evaluate my application of them. After some time I will see what information works for me, and I will adjust my methods accordingly. These simple steps will help me resolve my problem of disorganization.

References:

Foote, K. A. & Goett, J. A. (2000). Cultivating student research and study skills in Web-based learning environments. Journal of Geography in Higher Education,24(1), 92-99. Retrieved February 15, 2010, from Research Library. (Document ID: 59614022).

Foster, A. L. (2007, March). Information Navigation 101. The Chronicle of Higher Education,53(27), A38-A40. Retrieved February 15, 2010, from Research Library. (Document ID: 1255298491).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gishmas 2021 List

 Day 1 Challenge: December 20th – Image or Video What powers GISH? Love, actually. So, let’s spread some cheer. Using the GISH App or search...