Thursday, July 31, 2014

Beliefs of Islam and the Five Pillars

The central beliefs of Islam are complete faith in the power of God. God and people are one and unified. An Islamic belief is that Islam includes all religions and honors all prophets. Muslims believe that god is all knowing and to know what god knows is to leave in peace and happiness. Islamic people also believe in angels and saints. One Islamic belief is the last judgement, which is when all the people of the world will be judged and the world will end.
These beliefs of Islam are reflected in the "Five Pillars" by many ways. The first pillar is the practice of professing faith in the unity of one god and the prophet Muhammad which directly reflects the beliefs of Islam.. The second pillar is a continual prayer session that happens daily. These prayer sessions illustrate the desire to learn the ways of God. The fourth pillar reflects the central beliefs of Islam because the fourth pillar is fasting. Fasting is used to achieve purity and a clear mind. This is an example of how Muslims can learn to be like God. The fifth pillar also illustrates this central Islamic belief because Muslims have to pilgrimage to Mecca once in their lifetime in order to get closer to God.
I think the easiest pillar to fulfill to me would be the third, which happens at the end of the year. When the end of the year comes Muslims give 2 and a half percent of their accumulated wealth to other Muslims in need. I feel like this is a beautiful thing and I support it. I try to give to the needy all ready so I feel this is a good practice. I think the most challenging pillar to fulfill would be the second pillar because it would be difficult for me to pray five times a day. I would not like to kneel, and I am very forgetful. I guess if I was around other people who were also Islamic it would be easier because it would be more accepted. I just don't know if I could stop in the middle of waiting on tables and pray, although I do find it respectable. The Islam religion is very interesting overall, and I find some of their beliefs an excellent source of philosophy and thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gishmas 2021 List

 Day 1 Challenge: December 20th – Image or Video What powers GISH? Love, actually. So, let’s spread some cheer. Using the GISH App or search...