Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Favorite Easter Sunday Dinner Ham

My Favorite Easter Sunday Dinner Ham

by Sarah Ganly

My favorite part of Easter as a kid was of course the candy and the toys, but my second favorite part of Easter Sunday was the ham we had for dinner. As I got older it became my job to make the ham, and I liked it so much that I made it on many other occasions instead of just Easter. Here is my recipe for Easter Sunday ham.

The ingredients you will need are a canned ham, a cup of brown sugar, half a cup of maple syrup or honey, and a can of sliced pineapple. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, and score your ham in a diamond pattern. Each score should be between a quarter inch and a half inch deep. This is important to help the flavors get into the meat. Now put your ham in a deep baking dish and cover it with the maple syrup. Next pat the brown sugar onto the ham, and make sure to get it on all sides. It will fall of as it cooks, but it is okay. Now pour the juice from the can of pineapples into the baking dish along with the other ingredients. You can mix the concoction up if you like.
Place the ham in the oven and keep basting it. The ham will have to cook for an hour and a half to two hours and a half depending on the size of the ham. Use a thermometer to check the temperature every so often. You want the ham to be heated to 140 degrees all the way through. When the ham has reached this temperature, place the sliced pineapple on top and bake for another fifteen minutes.
Finally your Easter ham will be done and delicious. If you like you can add baby carrots or potatoes to the dish when it is about a half an hour before it is ready. This will give the vegetables a sweet taste as well. Slice your ham and serve with whatever sides your family enjoys. This recipe is one of my oldest favorites, and I know you will enjoy it on Easter and any other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gishmas 2021 List

 Day 1 Challenge: December 20th – Image or Video What powers GISH? Love, actually. So, let’s spread some cheer. Using the GISH App or search...